Creating a Haven for Your Teenager in Your Loft SpaceFebruary 15, 2018
As families grow up and the little ones are not so little anymore, the space in your house may not seem adequate enough. This is sometimes the reason for people wanting to have their lofts converted. One of the most popular rooms to add is a bedroom. In this blog, we will be talking about how you can create the perfect room for your teenager in your loft space.
Things to Consider
Before having your loft converted, there are a few important things you must consider:
- Head height in your loft – Before any work or planning can take place, it is important that you check the head height in your loft. We will check this in our free survey of your attic space.
- Type of conversion – There is a wide variety of different loft conversion styles. Choosing the right conversion for your property is something we can help you with. If space is at a premium in your loft, a dormer conversion may be the best choice.
- The space available – Space is the main factor in the design of your loft conversion. One way to use all the extra space is to gift it to your teenager as their designated space.
Creating a Teen Haven
Most teenagers love their alone time and there is no better place for them to achieve this than in their bedroom. When tempers reach boiling point they can stomp up the stairs and sulk to their heart’s content. Here are some of the things needed to create the perfect teen haven:
- Storage – Your teenage years are usually when you become most fashion conscious. Teen boys and girls love fashion. They’ll need suitable storage for their clothing. We are expert carpenters and we can create bespoke shelves and other eaves storage perfect for this.
- Furniture – Choosing the right bed, dressers and other items of furniture is something that your teenager may like to be involved in.
- Electric fittings – Teenagers these days need their screen time. Having enough electrical fittings to cope with all their gadgets and screens is an important factor. You don’t want your teen to suffer from Love Island withdrawal symptoms, because of a lack of plug sockets.
How We Can Help
Here at Anglian Carpentry, we have over 40 years’ experience in the loft conversion industry between us. Unlike other companies, we cover every step of the loft conversion process ourselves. We can help with everything
, from the designing to the decorating. We’ve even developed our own special method of accessing your loft which doesn’t intrude on you and your property, until it’s time to put in the staircase (which will be done in a single day).
For the latest company news and more tips and tricks, follow us on Facebook.